Benefits of Membership
Every business must be CONNECTED to its community and INFORMED of issues affecting business in its community!
- Burlingame Business and News & Networking digital newsletters: Members receive monthly emails (News & Networking) that include business information, upcoming special events and activities, new business and residents lists, advertising opportunities, calendar of events and city updates. A comprehensive newsletter (Burlingame Business) publishes quarterly and emailed to members. Additionally, other e-blasts are sent as needed (News You Can Use).
- Representation in city government: City council members attend chamber board meetings regularly to report on city council meetings and future agenda items. There is the opportunity for collaborative discussion input on business issues.
- Membership events: Membership offers a variety of services and activities including monthly hosted member receptions (Networking@Night) that provide the opportunity to develop valuable business contacts and have some fun.
- Social media exposure: Member events/activities may be promoted through Chamber social media networks.
- Marketing: Membership includes one free booth space annually at the Burlingame Fresh Market sponsored by the Burlingame Chamber of Commerce.
- New Business & New Resident mailings: Members can place marketing materials in with the Chamber monthly mailings for a nominal fee.
- Business referrals: Member businesses are referred by Chamber board members, staff, referrals groups and other Chamber members!
- Sponsorship opportunities: Event sponsorship is available and can be customized to suit any business need. Events include the Annual Meeting in January, Burlingame On the Avenue festival in August, and weekly Fresh Markets on Sunday and Thursday.
- www.Burlingamechamber.org: All members of the Chamber are listed in the Membership Directory, a dynamic SEO-enabled feature on the Chamber website. Listings can be enhanced with logo, photos and videos.
- Educational seminars: The Chamber celebrates Small Business Week on the Peninsula and hosts educational programs in the month of May.
- Member brochure display: Member information/brochures may be displayed at the Burlingame Chamber of Commerce office. Additional optional display and promotional opportunities available.
- Mailing labels/Member roster: Send a message to fellow Chamber members. These names and addresses are available to members upon request, and labels may be obtained for a nominal fee.
- Community involvement: Business plays an enormous role in the area’s economy. Help to ensure economic vitality by being a member.
- Marketing experience: Invest in a proven winner. The Chamber has over 100 years’ experience in promoting business!
- Referrals Groups: The Chamber hosts regular group meetings for individuals to promote their business and exchange business leads. Groups are limited in membership and are on a first-come-first-serve basis depending on business category.
- Scoop: Chamber members are eligible for Elavon’s Scoop credit card processing service which saves on credit card fees including American Express.